How to Join
This process has several steps because there are legal implications
to participating in a W3C community group, especially if you are
representing a W3C member organization. (See list of W3C
A. If you are not employed by a W3C Member
- Go to W3C's page about the group
- Click the button, "JOIN OR LEAVE THIS GROUP". Depending on your screen width, it might be down near the bottom, after all the blog posts.
- Follow the instructions. This will involve requesting a W3C account if you do not already have one.
B. If you are employed by a W3C Member
- Decide if you'll be representing your organization or just yourself. If the work of the group is related to your employer's business, then you should probably be representing them.
- If you're just representing yourself, then use a non-work email address to make a non-work W3C account, then follow the (part A) instructions above.
- If you'll be representing your organization, you'll need approval from your organization's W3C representative. Begin the the above (part A) instructions. After a few steps, you should hit a point where the system says your representative will be contacted for approval. Some reps respond more quickly than others; you may want to contact them directly. Hopefully you can see this access-controlled list of representatives ("ac reps") to find out who yours is.
If this isn't working, please contact Scott Yates (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sandro Hawke (email@example.com).